Department of Experimental and Measurement Methods
The Department of Experimental and Measurement Methods is mainly devoted to testing materials and structural elements, scientific research activities in solving grant projects, expert and consulting activities. It ensures the operation of the Accredited Testing Laboratory No. 1061 and supports pedagogical activities of the KI to a great extent. The activities include those carried out for the purposes of PhD studies at the Klokner Institute, support of bachelor’s and diploma theses prepared within the faculty study programs, and organization of specialized expert training for industrial partners.
Activities of the EXPO department
The basic activities, both in the scientific-research and commercial fields, includes:
- mechanical physical tests of building materials and structural elements in the laboratory
- assessment of building materials based on laboratory tests and in situ tests
- construction technical surveys and diagnostics of building structures of all kinds
- static and dynamic load tests, condition evaluation and proposals for remedial measures
- long-term monitoring of physical and mechanical quantities on real structures
- laboratory tests of soils, rocks and aggregates, field tests on construction sites during inspections of the execution of earthworks
- surveys of reinforced concrete structures of industrial, residential and transport buildings, assessment of the corrosion state and proposals for remediation
- long-term monitoring of physical and mechanical quantities on real structures.
Expert activities carried out in the Department of Experimental and Measurement Methods
The very important activities of the Department include expert work, both for entities in the Czech Republic and for foreign customers. The activities mainly include:
- Construction technical surveys and diagnostics of residential, industrial and agricultural buildings of various constructions (concrete, masonry, wood and steel).
- Static load tests of road and railway bridges.
- Dynamic tests (e.g., vibration measurement of the foundations of turbogenerators, desulphurisation absorbers, foundations of chimneys, bridge structures, etc.).
- Technical condition inventory of buildings and long-term monitoring of buildings.
- Testing, e.g., tests of tension cables, high voltage insulators, building elements, material strength tests, corrosion resistance tests such as frost resistance, resistance to UV radiation, various aggressive liquids and gas, etc.
Head of Department
Prof. Ing. Jiří Kolísko, Ph.D
Tel: +420 224 353 529