The Klokner Institute of the Czech Technical University in Prague carried out an extensive diagnostic survey of the structures of the Palacký Bridge for the company Inset s.r.o., which was the contract manager. The bridge was built between 1876 and 1878, at the same time as part of the embankment on the New Town side. The bridge was built according to the project of Ing. J. Reiter and arch. B. Münzberger. In 1951 the bridge was widened with reinforced concrete cantilevers. The supporting structure consists of seven arches made of granite blocks with clearances of 27.2 + 28.8 + 30.4 + 32.0 + 30.4 + 28.8 + 27.2 m and one brick arch on the Smíchov side with a clearance of 9.0 m. The diagnostic work included load tests, structural analyses taking into account the current condition of the bridge and the results of the diagnostic work, preparation of a structural and historical survey, verification of the restoration procedures in-situ and identification of suitable quarries for possible replacement of stones during the repair, based on stone tests. The overall condition of the bridge was assessed, its load-bearing capacity was determined, proposals for measures for the bridge manager were formulated and a proposal for the reconstruction of the bridge was prepared.